The IKS Web-Portal for Supplier Kanban and Customer Kanban allows the external access of all required Kanban information via Internet.
So you are able to create new E-Kanban processes easily for:
– Supplier Kanban
– Intercompany Kanban
– Customer Kanban (eg. for Distributors)
In this way, real-time information flows can be implemented in a fast and easy way to provide the maximum benefits and savings!
Our electronic e-Kanban System IKS offers the following standard processes to provide real-time information:
- Kanban call-offs via Email
- Online Kanban call-offs via IKS Web-Portal
For your external suppliers, the IKS Web-Portal allows the online access to all relevant Kanban information in “real-time”. So a simple ordering of required raw material and components can be realized via 100% Pull, called “Kanban call-offs”.
Additionally, the electronic Kanban Board, which enables the dynamic visualization of the Kanban orders, allows the fast and cheap realization of modern concepts, like Vendor-Managed-Inventory (VMI).
Sending of Kanban card copies via email is also available as a simple alternative.
This process can also be used to link different company locations together via Kanban.
Figure 1: Supplier e-Kanban connection is available online through IKS web portal or Email
In case of implementing a Customer Kanban concept, a Kanban supermarket (warehouse, racks, …) is built at the customer site, from which the required items can be consumed. If a Kanban box gets empty, the client sends the Kanban signal, so that the supermarket will be replenished by the vendor.
The process for Distributors (like for standard C-Parts such as screws, nuts, other small parts, etc.) can be realized in a fast and easy way. So the Distributor can offer a Kanban replenishment concept as a standard service for all customers.
Figure 2: e-Kanban connection of customers
In summary the e-Kanban system IKS provides the following advantages:
- Visualization in real time
- Visualization of Kanbans which need to be replenished
- Optional printing of Kanban cards at supplier side
- Optional scanning of Kanban cards at supplier side (e.g. IN TRANSPORT)
- Entering of short messages by the supplier
- e-Kanban Board for dynamically controlling the replenishment process
- Early Warning System for timely detection of material shortages
- Extensive reporting
- Easy administration of new suppliers and other users
- and many more helpful functions!